Be reminded of your VALUE and IMPACT as an educator.Invite your teacher friends and colleagues so you’ll learn together the real power of a teacher’s heart!
Telefax: (02) 518-7395
Globe: 0977-8095110 | 0917-4289089
Why We Need this Seminar-Workshop?
- having too much paperwork
- high cost of living
- financial concerns primarily attributed to an insufficient salary
- oversized classes and
- being too busy
As a result, these teachers in Metro Manila are facing fatigue, neck shoulder and lower back pain, sleep disturbances, and headaches. Teachers have cited coping mainly through sedentary behaviors and distractions including watching television and going to the mall, or movies.
Additionally, the research of Sharehann T. Lucman on the self-image and social status of Filipino teachers sheds light on the fact that because society views the teaching profession as inferior to other professions, teachers experience various forms of anxiety. There is a dissonance between this lack of respect for the teaching profession and the view teachers often have of themselves as influential social actors. While there is much high-level and long-term policy work to be done in elevating the teaching profession and increasing the rigor of training programs, for the time being there is no doubt that teachers would benefit from learning and habitually practicing mental exercises and reflection that would help mitigate these factors or at least shift the negativity being imposed upon them by the education environment.
This is not only the case with the Philippines. Globally, research has found that teachers are similarly feeling stressed, disrespected and less enthusiastic about their jobs. In the “2017 Educator Quality of Work Life Survey” of over 4000 educators, 61% of educators find work “always” or “often” stressful.
The workshop is a combination of mindfulness practices and a wellness guide developed by Adam Saenz, author of The Power of a Teacher, a psychologist and therapist and most importantly, an advocate for maximizing teacher impact in the classroom.
What Will You Learn?
- Redefining Your Purpose: Why I Chose to Be a Teacher?
- Identifying and Dealing With Obstacles to Become an Effective Teacher
- Power of a Teacher: Understand Your Value and Impact
- Balance and Wellbeing: Living the Life of the Thriving Educator
- Adapting Holistic Wellness
- Financial Freedom Through Financial Literacy
- Stress Management 101: Moving Your Career from Bitter to Better
Our Keynote Speaker
Dr. Adam L. Saenz
How did he go from juvenile detention to two doctorates, with training at Harvard Medical School and Oxford University? Adam Sáenz will tell you: it was the power of community. Whether you’re searching for a reason to believe or you just need a hope-filled reminder, the bottom line is that you do have tremendous power to make a difference in your world, and Dr. Sáenz’ message will compel you to engage your calling with passion, with purpose, and with vision.
Now, as a licensed psychologist and theologian, Dr. Sáenz conducts workshops across the country in the areas of stress management, self-care, and the dynamics of effective relationship and team-building. Dr. Sáenz earned his Ph.D. in School Psychology from Texas A&M University with clinical training at Harvard Medical School. He completed his post doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the Alpert Medical School of Brown University. He also earned a Doctorate of Ministry in Pastoral Counseling from the Graduate Theological Foundation with residency at Christ Church College of Oxford University.
The Power of a Teacher
Whether you are searching for a reason to believe or you just need a hope-filled reminder, the bottom line is that you do have tremendous power to make a difference. Dr. Saenzs The Power of a Teacher is the result of years of research and professional development conducted in school districts nationwide. Between the covers of this book you will find unique encouragement and an accessible wellness guide designed specifically for teachers to nurture peak-experience teaching. In The Power of a Teacher you will:
– Develop wellbeing! Take Dr. Saenz 50-item Teacher Wellness Inventory to identify strengths and weakness in the occupational, emotional, financial, spiritual and physical areas of your life. Each chapter is loaded with practical action steps to increase your wellbeing.
– Get connected! The Power of a Teacher is filled with discussion questions to create interaction and dialogue between you and your colleagues. Build the support and accountability you need to live and teach well.
– Be inspired! Read the stories of real people whose lives were changed by real teachers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When and where this seminar-workshop be held?
The Power of a Teacher’s Heart seminar-workshop will run in two (2) cohorts:
Cohort A: October 15 – 17 (Monday – Wednesday)
Cohort B: October 18 – 20 (Thursday- Saturday)
The sessions will be held at the Tagaytay International Convention Center, Tagaytay City
How much is the registration fee and what are the inclusions?
- Early Bird Rate (Until August 30 only) Php 7,650
- Regular Rate (August 31 onwards) Php 8,500
- Power Club member – Php 7,650
- PWD, Senior Citizen – 20% discount on posted rates
Registration fee inclusions:
- Workshop Kit
- AM & PM Snacks
- 3 days and 2 nights accommodation
Where can we send the payment for the registration?
- Bank Name: Banco De Oro
- Account Name: The Teacher’s Gallery Inc.
- Account Number: 000390429627
- Swift / BIC Code: BNORPHMM
What are the things to bring and the dress code?
- printed copy of the acknowledgement letter with registration number (this is the number found on the upper right hand side of the letter).
- proof of payment or deposit slip with printed name/s of the participant/s
- valid ID
- you may also bring umbrella, folding fan, and extra shirt for sudden change in weather condition and a water bottle for your convenience.
Smart casual is the dress code for this event.