3rd Filipino Educators’ Global Learning Initiative:
Global Research, Education Leadership and Community Network
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s in it for me as an educator?
Global learning matters. Recognizing that collaborative work and cooperative learning are critical in preparing educators with 21st century instructional skills, TTG offers study tours where teachers can observe and reflect on US classroom instruction and exchange ideas that will ultimately help transform their own classrooms. Further, TTG includes a cultural/recreational tour in its program designed to add value to your learning experience outside your classroom.
How do I apply?
Complete online application form and check the procedural flow.
How are applications evaluated?
All applications, including an essay, will be evaluated on the basis of the applicant’s potential impact to apply the knowledge s/he gained to his/her classroom. Due to the limited slots, applications are processed on a first come, first served basis giving priority to TTG Power Club members.
When will I receive a response?
Applicants will be notified of their application status on or before May 30, 2017.
Is there a chance to participate with financial assistance or scholarship?
We advise the applicants to identify foundations that grant educational scholarships or reach out to their local government officials.
What are the chances of obtaining a US visa?
The visa approval is still subject to the discretion of the US Embassy and TTG cannot guarantee the issuance of visa. However, TTG will provide visa coaching services as well as all documentation needed to address the US Embassy’s requirements.
I am not a teacher, can I join the study tour?
Unfortunately, if you do not currently work for a school system we are unable to accept your application. Qualified applicants include teachers, school administrators/owners, Department of Education officials and education consultants directly working for the education of school children Grades K-12.
- Reference Letter from your supervisor with contact number
- Reference Letter from your colleague attesting to your good moral & performance
- Scanned copy of your Faculty I.D.
For accepted applications, an acknowledgement email will be sent within 2 weeks upon receipt of your application.
Upon approval, pay the Reservation Fee of 500 USD with accomplished reservation form. Make sure to submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– Scanned copy of the deposit slip for Reservation Fee and Visa Payment
– Proof of financial capability to cover tour expenses specifically scanned copy of bank certification
– Signed and notarized Affidavit of Return
– Signed and notarized Liability Release and Indemnity Agreement
– Accomplished US Visa Application – DS 160 Form
(1) Pay your 500 USD Reservation Fee to BPI Family Savings Bank using the following details:
Account Name: The Teacher’s Gallery, Inc.
Account Number: 00655-1-00462-5
(2) Print the receipt found on the link below and pay your B1/B2 Visa Fee of Php 8,160 (or more depending on the exchange rate) to any BPI Savings branch.
Attend the Visa Coaching Orientation organized by The Teacher’s Gallery.
Be present during the embassy interview.
Upon Visa approval, pay the required study tour fees.
Attend the pre-travel orientation covering the US immigration interview, detailed itinerary, dress code, and items to bring.
Learn and enjoy your Educational Tour experience with your peers!
- Affidavit of Return
- Liability Release and Indemnity Agreement
- US Visa Application – DS 160 Form
- EdTour Reservation Form
- Handbook / Info Sheet